Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Oh God, hear my cry.

Psalm 18:6
In my distress I called to the LORD;
I cried to my God for help.
From his temple he heard my voice;
my cry came before him, into his ears.
And the clock still ticks on this pregnancy, and I cry out to God for His hand upon it. I went in to my backup OB for a non-stress test(NST) and Ultrasound yesterday. The NST showed one slight variable, a dip in the baby's heart rate during a rather large contraction, but he recovered quickly, so there is not much cause for concern. The ultrasound showed that I am getting low on amniotic fluid, borderline normal but on the lower side, enough to cause concern in both the backup OB and my midwife (4.6 AFI -amniotic fluid index). So my midwife has me hydrating like crazy to help try and replenish the fluids. Tomorrow, she will come a 'stir the pot'(strip my membranes) to try and get things going. Hopefully that will work. If that does not get things going, I go in on Thursday for another NST and ultrasound and if fluids have continued to decrease, that means I will have to go in for a chemical induction... which means no home birth.
I am so scared right now. I do not, do not, do not want another hospital birth and the thought of another induction makes me ill. My midwife is pretty confident that everything will be OK, and I am trying to stay positive... but it is so hard.
Pray that everything goes well, and, if it is His will, that I go into labor within the next 2 days!

No comments: